Thursday, December 8, 2011

Final Post, Sam Stangl

This class was very important to me. I am going to school to be a Biomedical Engineer, and my advisor told me that this class, although it would help me complete my associate's degree, would not be of much use to me. I disagree. I have learned a lot about culture, about humans in the past and their progression into the future. I also learned how people in different places are, and why those personality traits and culture changes are important when tryig to understand a person. I was most interested about the chapters both in Religion and in Kinship, but I was not interested in learning about anthropologists views on the economy. I understand that anyone who wants to be a historian or a political scientest, or of course an anthropologist, might need to know the economics side of anthropology, but it was my own least favorite chapter. I needed this course more than my advisor thought I would, and better yet, more than I thought I would. I can now relate to more cultures, and I can be more open-minded toward the way people in other cultures live, think, and try to understand me. I think this class also helped me to learn how online classes are, and what kind of things will be expected of me, as this was my first ever fully online course. I'm glad that I took it, for sure, because other than learning a lot I really enjoyed reading The House of the Spirits and analyzing it, and I also learned to communicate my thoughts thoroughly about humans and culture. This course made me a better student and a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment