Thursday, December 8, 2011

Final Discussion - Stephanie Reynolds

   This class was interesting in some aspects, I liked the chapters that dealt with different marriage styles and how other cultures defined relationships. What we would consider a good or successful marriage could be taken completely different in someone else's culture. What was least interesting to me though was some of the market/economy material we had to cover near the end of the book. I've read so much on global warming and population increase that it gets old after awhile.

Anyways, I guess anthropolgy would somewhat useful to me since I work in a hospital. There are so many different types of people there, and not just based on race or religion, and it's a good idea to know a little bit about how to react to a different culture. There are so many different ideas, traditions, and values for every individual that I might encounter at the hospital, so this class would useful in the fact that it gave me more reason to be tolerant of who others are.

No comments:

Post a Comment