Thursday, December 8, 2011

Colonialism and Global Market Economy, Sam Stangl

I think I should start off by saying that until I read everyone else's responses to this question, I had no idea what the comparisons between these two things could possibly be. Colonialism is possessing foreign territory and sharing politics, culture, and language not with their surrounding governments. What I have learned global market economy has in common with colonialism is foreign aid and development programs, which unfortunately ignore women, that incerease male productivity. These programs often fail, though, because of their ignorance toward women's economic roles. Also, war is found both in colonialization and in global market economy. Territory, government, and finances are of utmost importance.

1 comment:

  1. Sam,

    I took the same route you did in responding to this forum by reading what everyone else had to say, because I had a hard time understanding the topic! LOL! But I have to give a lot of credit to the textbook, because even though it's a bit overwhelmingly long, it DOES explain things very specific detail.

    ReplyDelete