Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Final Discussion-Abbey Dahl

On the first day of classes this semester I accidently got the book for this class instead of world religions. I glanced at a couple pages and decided this class could be very interesting. Even thought the class was filled online, by going all around campus and having professors sign off on sheets I was able to get into the class. I am so fortunate to have been able to apart of this online class. Anthropology was by far one of my favorite courses I have ever taken.
The most important aspect that I will take away from this class is to have much more respect for other cultures. I am not saying I did not respect other's beliefs prior to taking this course, but my respect level has certainly been amplified to a much greater amount.
I do not believe I found anything not interesting. This was a subject I had only heard about, and once I started reading the chapters they got more and more intriging!
In my life I thing that Anthropology will allow me to be apart of more worldly discussions, and it will help me to show other people that other cultures are just as important and fascinating as their culture. I feel like it is all about respect, and from respecting others things can be a lot more peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment