Monday, October 10, 2011

Marriages Sierra Armstrong

Marriages- Sierra Armstrong

After reading the chapter on marriage, I havn't change my ideas about marriage. I still think that people get married to be with someone they love, to make and grow a family, and to not live alone for the rest of their life. Also from the reading, I understand a little more about why certian groups such as the Muslim-Arab allow and accept marriages between kin. They want to keep what the have earned and worked for to stay in the family. All the cultures want to keep what they have earned and worked for, just some cultures take it a little more extreme than others. I'm glad that I have a better understanding of it. I didn't know until I read the chapter that in Tibet and Napal women can have more than one husband. I can't recall ever hearing about women with more than one husband. I have always heard of the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment