Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kinship

I am so very sorry.  I forgot to post the assignment for this week.  

This week's topic is kinship.  If you haven't already, read Chapter 8 
and the article, The Struggle for Iraq

Discussion Assignment
What does the phrase “blood is thicker than water” imply?Use the example of the Iraq article to discuss this idea. Can you identify two or three instances in which the distinction between affines and consanguines was of crucial importance in your life and/or family (or for someone you know or from another source, e.g. a news story, a work of fiction or a work of non-fiction) in your culture?

Respond to at least two of your classmates.
 
Because it was my fault that this did not get posted sooner, this assignment will not be due until next week, October 15.  We have a short week next week anyway, so I guess this works out well for all of us.  I recommend that you use this 'extra' time to work on you papers.
Again, I am sorry for any confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment