Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Race and Ethnicity, Dawn Depouli

I personally have never run into any experiences with race, ethnicity, or my sexual orientation except with one of my children. He was being bullied and they told us that because we are white and they were black that sometimes kids come in with a chip on there shoulders and that we needed to be understanding of any needs.

As for the "white privledge" article, it sure did put into perspective of how other races were treated and it makes me feel horrible for them as a person. Nobody should ever have to be treated any less than someone else sitting next to you, regardless of race, sexual orientation, or ethnicity and we cant forget wealth. It always seems to amaze me how differently you get treated depending on either of the above listed. Just like with local schools I have noticed that you have to have money to get far or you have to be broke to get additional help for a child in need.

The "Heterosexual Privilege" does not affect me the way the other article does for the simple fact that you are who you chose to be. I dont really care to see someone of the same sex doing things in public for the simple fact that I do have kids and it makes for a list fo questions. I realize that you cant stop someone for they way they feel or who they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment