Thursday, November 10, 2011

Race and Ethnicity

I can see myself in some parts of the article "White Privilege." In someone ways, me being white has its benefits. A lot of things have been easily given to me without asking or any work being involved. I do agree in those areas, that many white males are very privileged. Being white has not really affected me in anyway. I see myself just like everyone else, no better or worse. I have a lot of friends that are of difference races, and I hang out with all of them equally. I do not have a problem with any race, I can accept them as who they are and not by the color of their skin. Being white has not really made my life any different than it should be.

3 comments:

  1. I think that the way we are raised and who we choose to hang out with keeps us open and fair to people. If we surround ourselves with people who are different it keeps us from be judgemental to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i agree. It all depends on how we were raised and who we choose to be around. If we surround ourselves with people who are the same then we will be just like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with sa and Tbritt93 as well in reference to your post. It makes a huge difference on your outlook about others when you surround yourself with different types of people.

    ReplyDelete