Saturday, November 12, 2011

Race and ethnicity - Sierra Armstrong

Race and Ethnicity - Sierra Armstrong

I will say that I have had some privledges due to my white race. I think that I have a had some things given to me or offered to me easier because of my race. I certainly don't expect things just because of my race, I do work hard to get what I want. In my work I have also not have special privledges because of my ethnicity. I am a ballroom dancer. Most of the people who are talented, and world renowned ballroom dancers are Russians. And most of the people we deal with in the business are Russian as well. So if you are speaking with them about anything to do ballroom they just automatically assume we don't know what we are talking about becuase we have not studied it since we could crawl. So I have to work even harder to get the kind of recognition the Russian people automatically have. So even though I am white I still a have some prejudices against me because of my ethinicity. I havn't had much issues on hetersexuality personally. I have known people who are homosexual and have had issues concerning their sexual perferences. Either way I believe that no matter what race, ethnicity, sexual perference, it will affect your life at sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment