Sunday, October 23, 2011

Gender Roles- Sara Bugler

Traditional gender roles have come from religious beliefs. The woman traditionally stays home with the children and keeps the house, while the man is the bread winner. I believe much of these beliefs do stem from religion, but they are beliefs that are taught to us from our parents and from thier parents. I think that gender roles are beginning to become a larger spectrum now that women are more prominent in the workforce. I think that in the future it will not just be the idea of two gender roles "the women" and "the man", but i think that we will be more open to different lifestyles and the roles that come from them.

1 comment:

  1. I do have to agree with you. I hear so often that the woman is supposed to stay home and take care of t he kids while the man works. Now days though the man is staying home while the female works. It goes both ways and I guess who ever can be the bread winner. I do think that as time goes by gender roles will not be around or will be limited.

    ReplyDelete