Thursday, September 8, 2011

Module 4



After reading this weeks assignment, I firmly believe that the language we use affects both aspects of our views of the world. The way most of us use our language is how we were raised. We all have our own accent depending on where we are from. I talk with a southern accent because that is where I am from. If i was from the north I would have a different accent. Everything around us in the world today rubs off on us. People are drawn to media and popular culture, so after theyour views of society.see something on the television that they want to be like, they are gonna act like that. Our language based on how we see the world is all opinionated on the way we see society.
I was unable to understand the reading assignments and the way of writing that I had to read. It is obvious that this piece of writing was written by men from centuries ago and that style of writing no longer exist anymore. In order to understand it one must have a strong vocabulary and good sense of knowledge in the English are. Although it was difficult to read and understand I did enjoy the articles.

1 comment:

  1. I love the examples you used to discuss language. It is so true that our surrounding definitely shape how we talk. In the south we are known to use mam, and sir even if it is not asked of us. Also in France when I was there this summer we learned how they are raised in a very relaxed setting using P-time so they talk in a string of words in a relaxed tone.

    ReplyDelete