Monday, August 29, 2011

Cultural Analysis Paper

Please review the page on the Cultural Analysis Paper.  You will find that on the right side of this blog.  Start thinking about which novel you would like to read and why.  You might want to select a couple, just in case you can't find the one you most want to read.  By October 1,  select your book, post your selection to the blog telling us a bit about why you want to read this particular book.

If you have any questions about the assignment, write it as a comment to this post.
As always, if you want to talk to me about the assignment, give me a call.

6 comments:

  1. I have decided that I wanted to read "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston. I saw the movie a few years ago in my high school English class and I can still remember some of the story since it was so impactful. Plus I like a bit of drama in a story and it looks like this novel has plenty of it. When I read the synopsis, and the first couple of pages, I was hooked and wanted to definitely find out what happens to the main character in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure that I am going to read the book "The House of the Spirits" by Isabel Allende, because in my Spanish 2 class last semester I heard about this book, and learned a little bit about Isabel Allende in Chilean culture. I see this as a golden opportunity to get to read this book and discover why she is such a famous author in Chile as well as in some of the Americas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another excellent choice. I went through a period of reading nothing but Latin American literature and she is one of my favorites. I think you will enjoy this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have decided on two books. The first book is Nectar in a Sieve by Kamala Markandaya and; the second book is Love Medicine by Louise Erdich. I chose both of these books simply because I thought they might be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LA,
    You can't go wrong with either of those books. Maybe you will read both?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Reeves,
    I might do that since I just received both books via UPS.

    ReplyDelete